MailShark supports delivery of inbound email via SMTP and LTMP protocols to ANY port at a remote server via hostname or IP.
The configuration is performed using your MailShark Domain Administrator Account.
You can have one or many delivery servers, each delivering / relaying mail to other SMTP servers. Multiple delivery servers also allows for redundancy if a remote SMTP server goes down, and load balancing if remote SMTP servers are heavily loaded in processing emails.
The steps to Add additional delivery servers or Add a server on an alternate port are:
- Login with your MailShark Domain Administrator account
- Go to "Domains"
- your current Delivery Servers will be listed under the "Delivery Servers" section
- click "Domain Settings"
- click "Add delivery server"
- Within the "Server address" field enter the Fully Qualified Hostname or IP of the SMTP server
- "Protocol" would normally be left on SMTP
- Set "Port" to whichever port you choose
- Make sure "Enabled" is ticked
- click "Add server"
- after server is added, click the "connection test" (left and right
arrow icon) to test the connectivity from MailShark to the new delivery
If a delivery server currently listed in the MailShark interface is required to change or move, you can disabled/remove the item by clicking the red "x" icon to delete it or the "edit" icon to modify the entry and disable the delivery server.